Vegan fish sticks. Made from tofu with a breadcrumb crust.
- 200 grams extra firm smoked tofu.
- 1/2cups oat milk, 1,2dl
- 1/2 Nori sheet
- 0,5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 3 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Slice the tofu into long bites.
- Blend the nori sheet with the oat milk in a high-speed blender or food processor. Nori gives a salty seafood-like taste to it. .Mix spices and flour in the milk mixture.
- Put the milk-flour mix in a bowl and the breadcrumbs in a different bowl.
- Dip the tofu bites in the milk mix and then in the panko crumbs.
- Lay them on an oven pan covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in 400 F, (200C) oven until golden brown. It´s good to turn them over after halfway to get an even crispiness.
Instead of panko bread crumbs, you can use regular bread crumbs. Also, rice crispies or other cereals can be used as crushed if you don't have bread crumbs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main course
- Cuisine: Scandinavian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 0,6
- Fat: 8,8
- Carbohydrates: 5,7
- Fiber: 2,5
- Protein: 18